License for Import and Export of Waste
IMPORT AND EXPORT OF HAZARDOUS AND OTHER WASTES
The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change shall be the nodal Ministry to deal with the transboundary movement of the hazardous and other wastes in accordance with the provisions of these rules.
- No import of the hazardous and other wastes from any country to India for disposal shall be permitted.
- The import of hazardous and other wastes from any country shall be permitted only for recycling, recovery, reuse and utilisation including co-processing.
PROCEDURE FOR IMPORT OF HAZARDOUS AND OTHER WASTES
- 1. FORM 5
ACTUAL USER means an occupier who procures and processes hazardous and other waste for reuse, recycling, recovery, pre-processing, utilisation including coprocessing.
Actual User intending to import or transit for transboundary movement of hazardous and other wastes specified in Part A and Part B of Schedule III shall
- apply in Form 5 to the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change for the proposed import together with the prior informed consent of the exporting country in respect of Part A of Schedule III waste.
- Send a copy of the application, simultaneously, to the concerned State Pollution Control Board for information and the acknowledgement in this respect from the concerned State Pollution Control Board shall be submitted to the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change along with the application.
- 2. FORM 6
For the import of other wastes listed in Part D of Schedule III, the importer shall not require the permission of the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change.
However, the importer shall furnish the required information as per Form 6 to the Customs authorities, accompanied with the following documents in addition to those listed in Schedule VIII, wherever applicable.
- the import license from Directorate General of Foreign Trade, if applicable
- the valid consents under the Water Act, 1974 and the Air Act, 1981 and the authorisation under these rules as well as the authorisation under the E-Waste Rules as amended from time to time, whichever applicable
- 3. FORM 7
Importer who is a trader, importing waste on behalf of actual users, shall obtain one time authorisation in Form 7 & copy of this authorisation shall be appended to Form 6.
Contact us to file your APPLICATION FOR IMPORT & EXPORT OF WASTE today
- Complete filing of Application for Import & Export of Hazardous Waste Authorization in accordance with Hazardous Waste Management Rules.
- Providing guidance for handling/ storage of Hazardous Waste.
- Assistance in maintaining record of Hazardous Waste in Form-3.
- Agreement with authorized agency for disposal of waste generated.
- Filing of Annual Return for Hazardous Waste Management to the concerned State Pollution Control Board/Pollution Control Committee
- Complete filing of Hazardous Waste Authorization in accordance with Hazardous Waste Management Rules.